What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer. You will build and maintain world class web applications for our customer and external partners working directly with our backend services. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems while designing and developing amazing solutions with a user-centric focus.
In your tool-bag:
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Ability to strike the right balance between product design and technology to create the best possible solution
- Familiarity with functional and/or object-oriented programming
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code.
- Ability to explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- 2 Frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte)
- Frontend Styling and layout (CSS, HTML, Sass or Less)
- Design System Implementation
- Responsive UI Design
- Application State Management
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions
- Data-Driven Design
- Experience with Tailwind CSS or similar utility-first CSS framework
- Charting, Dash-boarding, and Report Generation
- Asynchronous or Reactive Programming
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures, and how these can impact end-user experiences.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
At Fetch, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options for everyone
- 401k Match: Dollar-for-dollar match up to 4%.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including your pets.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides Ten Thousand per year in education reimbursement.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. The ERGs participate in our Inclusion Council with members of executive leadership.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our year-end week-long break.
- Robust Leave Policies: 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and a flexible return to work schedule.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Birmingham, or Chicago. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.