Data Scientist, NLP
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s Data Science team has built a world-class machine learning system that scans our users’ receipts and rewards them by matching items to our one-of-a-kind product catalog. We are very proud of the work we’ve accomplished in a short period of time, but we also recognize that we still have a long ways to go to meet our receipt understanding goals.
Receipts are a language all their own, and we need talented DS/ML practictioners to help us continue to improve our capabilities. We aspire for nothing less than a lightning-fast user experience and a perfect match rate.
As a Data Scientist at Fetch, you will apply your skills and your knack for applied research to make a direct impact on improving our product matching intelligence, receipt understanding, in-app search functionality, and more.
You should apply if:
- You can speak to recent research that’s been done in the Document AI and LLM space
- You’ve seen an NLP project through to completion (from proof-of-concept to production software)
- You’ve developed Transformers-based NLP models using ML frameworks like Huggingface and PyTorch
- You’re comfortable with ML development tools like Comet, Streamlit, and Sagemaker, and you know how to incorporate them into the ML experimentation workflow
- You have a PhD or Master’s with equivalent experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other Quantitative field. Publication record is a plus.
- You enjoy collaborating with folks with different experience and skillsets in order to solve the problem at hand