People Operations/Human Resources Generalist - Contract
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years, we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their consumers. Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
We are looking for a contractor to fill our first HR role in Mexico City! You will play a pivotal role building the foundation of all HR operations that will shape the culture and employee experience at Fetch! The People Operations Generalist Contractor, reporting to our Senior Director, People Operations will be the HR/People Operations point of contact supporting and working alongside a growing team of engineers and operations employees, as well as your HR colleagues in the US. Success in this role requires getting comfortable “in the weeds”, setting up operations while also partnering with business leaders to help solve problems that directly impact the overall business. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact, this stint is for you.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Stand up the full employee lifecycle for our Mexico employees; assisting with recruitment, onboarding & offboarding, benefits, payroll, performance management, training and more.
- Draft and publish Employee Handbook that complies with applicable local law and which projects Fetch’s culture.
- Create SOPs for HR operations in Mexico.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with People Operations and US based teams.
- Assist US team to resolve conflicts and mediate employee issues or workplace concerns.
- Local regulation compliance such as local authority reporting requirements, creating and amending employment contracts, stand up committees, etc.
- Fulfill People Operations administrative tasks including managing employee questions/requests, creating letters/reports, leave management, HRIS (UKG), and assisting with payroll/benefits questions.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in a human resource function with particular experience in employee relations.
- Bilingual, spanish and english.
- You thrive in, and have a preference for, dynamic, fast paced and high growth environments.
- Highly detailed-oriented, organized, and adept at setting up meetings, tracking goals, and managing processes. Outstanding follow-up skills.
- Identify blockers before they become problems and build out processes that make our machine run faster. This includes asking for support when needed, and sharing feedback and solutions on what we can all do better as a team. Leverage a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to exercise sound judgment and maintain the confidential nature of HR work.
- Work well under pressure, take initiative, and are flexible and cooperative.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google equivalents (including Gmail)
- Appreciate and thrive with highly candid feedback.
- Are willing to multitask, taking on tasks that help to build our employee experience and culture, which may include some IT support and sending equipment and supplies to employees.
Comp: $35k to $40k MXN for 6 months