Development and Engineering Leader
Finexio is the leader in AP Payments as a Service, the leading embedded payments approach for business-to-business payments. Finexio simplifies the way businesses process and receive B2B payments by integrating electronic payments and cash flow improvement solutions directly into customers’ accounts payable and procurement software.
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide “what” to pay- Finexio’s software seamlessly handles the “how” and the “when”.
We are growing revenue over 100% per year and are a leading disruptor in the B2B Payments and Fintech industry. The company has raised over $65m in investment and is backed by investors JP Morgan, Discover, NBH Bank, Mendon Venture Partners, and Valley Bank. These investors believe in the mission and technology so much so they are also customers and partners.
We are seeking an experienced and proven technology leader who possesses broad-based technology experience, brings sophisticated skills in technology solutions design, architecture, planning and delivery, and an in-depth understanding of current technologies, trends, methodologies, and tools.Working closely with the CTO, the Development and Engineering Leader will lead and oversee the strategic vision of our technology platforms. This role will be responsible for iterating on tech stack, making recommendations on the future technologies and structure of technical teams. This role will lead, mentor, and nurture a growing diverse technology team of Software, QA, Data Engineers and DevOps engineers.
- Proven success leading technology teams of engineers delivering complex customer facing and transaction processing systems.
- Development experience in C# with a serverless stack (AWS preferred).
- Capable of reading technical requirements and working through teams to maximize development efficiency.
- Possess knowledge of current development techniques and able to mentor team members as needed to accomplish deliverables on time.
- Demonstrated success architecting, delivering, and running highly available production systems within a complex technology environment.
- Strong record in developing web applications and transaction processing platforms strategies that leverage technology to achieve the organization's strategic goals meeting timelines with exceeding quality.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering best practices, architecture and design, databases, and coding principles. Strong hands-on technical and coding skills are required.
- Ability to build and manage high performance teams, be able to work independently and as a strong team player and thrive under pressure.
- Establish and execute the company’s technology plans supporting both strategic and near-term goals.
- Closely partner with Product Management and convert their vision into reality delivering the utmost business value to customers and partners. Continuously identify and assess risks and determine mitigation strategies to ensure success.
- Lead a growing team of technologists and deliver industry-leading and well-architected customer facing and back-office platforms and solutions. Ensure high quality, availability, resiliency, and scalability across every critical component and ensure the security and stability of all internal infrastructure.
- Work with development team members to guide delivery of product solutions based on provided technical requirements and available resources.
- Monitor and closely report frequently on the status of development initiatives.
- Conduct research and evaluation of leading-edge technologies and make recommendations to continuously improve delivery of company strategies by utilizing latest best-in-class yet proven technologies, development methodologies and productivity tools.
- Implement and enforce necessary security solutions and practices. Work within the Finexio Project methodology to provide visibility, communications, and support testing and QA.
- Guide appropriate release of new products and product enhancements to deliver the correct solution without issues that impact our customers.
Why You’ll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
- Employee Engagement – Quarterly virtual team building activities and monthly team lunches
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
Compensation: $130k - $175k base + equity
Something looks off?