Nunbelievable: Senior Director, Operations
Nunbelievable is a for-profit, mission-based premium baked goods company that’s venture backed. The mission is to create a scalable company while tackling hunger, supporting the efforts to help feed millions of people across the U.S. To date, we’ve provided nearly 2 million meals to feed those in need. We’re seeking an individual who shares our passion for making a difference while being committed to helping Nunbelievable grow.
Provide Operations leadership, supply chain and logistics management for Nunbelievable.
This role is primarily responsible for operations and supply chain with the additional involvement and support for the financial reporting function, critical for business planning. Key focus will be to ensure cost effective availability of finished goods through optimization of the entire supply chain. This will require managing co-manufacturer relationships, 3PLs, and logistics providers. The role is also responsible for developing resources and support team enabling successful delivery of the below:
Areas of Focus:
- Manage external vendors including co-packers, raw material suppliers, and other logistics vendors
- Manage the company supply chain from production planning and procurement through to fulfillment of customer orders
- Create systems and processes to successfully deliver against operational targets and KPIs
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for operational management to meet organizational performance plans and gross margin targets within agreed budgets and deadlines
- Establish and maintain appropriate processes and dashboards for measuring necessary aspects of business operations
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities, development plans, and achievements.
- Develop continuous process improvement strategies to drive operational efficiencies and cost savings
- Monitor logistics of orders and work with vendors for freight utilization to minimize case delivery costs
- Ensure order fulfillment, invoicing accuracy, and cash collection
- Execute the interface between demand and supply planning
- Manage month-end responsibilities related to inventory
- Assist with key financial planning and reporting (forecasting, tracking, reporting, and financial and operational analysis)
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication with strong emphasis on follow-up.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience in Production planning/execution, including Bills of Material, scheduling, and assignment of materials.
- Experience with domestic transportation terms and procedures, including freight terms, documentation, claims filing, load planning and shipment tender.
- Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate level education
- 5+ years’ experience in the food or CPG industry
- Previous experience driving operational efficiencies in a CPG environment
- Ability to manage third parties in the efficient and timely production of product to meet customer demand and maintain satisfactory inventory levels
- Strong communication skills are essential given the global, multi-country footprint of the business and management team.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple programs
- Critical attention to detail and follow-up with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly analytical, organized, proactive, and motivated
- A positive, can-do attitude is essential along with initiative, superb planning skills, and the ability to anticipate and solve problems before they have the chance to have a negative business impact
Location: New York City, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
For New York City roles:
The base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000 per year and is based on experience and qualifications. In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package.