Senior Account Executive - Shoplift.ai
Role: Senior Account Executive
Shoplift is a venture-backed, seed-stage SaaS startup. We're growing fast and need to transition from founder-led sales to a more repeatable and scalable motion.
We help e-commerce merchants maximize revenue by optimizing their storefront's sales conversion potential with automated A/B testing.
Shoplift is the first platform to offer Shopify merchants a truly no-code A/B testing experience
that natively integrates with their Shopify storefront. Compared with legacy tools that offer merchants a clunky visual editor that tries to read a site's front-end, Shoplift cuts out this abstraction layer, which gives users dramatically more power and flexibility to interact with test variants as if they were editing their own theme. We also recently launched an exciting new feature called Lift Assist™ that uses merchants’ brand styles to generate entirely new page components in real-time.
As our founding Senior Account Executive, you will be crucial in building and executing our sales strategy alongside the Co-Founder/CEO. You will be inheriting the current sales funnel: prospecting leads, conducting sales calls and demos, transitioning new clients to our customer success team. This role calls for a strategic thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and has the experience to establish the necessary processes and infrastructure for a successful sales team.
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to meet or exceed sales targets and grow our customer base.
- Manage the full sales cycle, from prospecting new leads to conducting sales calls and demos.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve our funnel and processes; proactively take on strategic initiatives to make these improvements
- Further develop sales documentation and materials, such as scripts, objection handling, training materials, and outbound sales development collateral
- Establish and maintain strong, lasting relationships with clients, understanding their needs and aligning our product offerings accordingly.
- Report on sales activity and forecast to leadership, providing insights into the market and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate closely with the customer success team to ensure smooth transition and excellent customer experience post-sales.
- Develop an understanding of Conversion Rate Optimization practices and trends, A/B testing methodology, industry trends, market influencers, and competitor activities.
- Assist in the hiring and training of future sales team members as the company scales
- 3+ years Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Located in NYC metro or willing to relocate (Hybrid: in office 3 days per week)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Familiarity with the e-commerce industry and experience selling SaaS products is a strong plus.
- Excellent abilities in conducting sales calls and demos, with a knack for compelling presentation and persuasive communication.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Demonstrable experience in creating sales strategies and reliably forecasting sales results.
- Deep understanding of CRM systems, sales tracking, and reporting methodologies.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity options
- Flexible remote work policy
- Daily Seamless lunch stipend (when in-office)
- Flexible work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to focus
- Free food: bagels every Tuesday, pizza every Thursday, and a wide array of delicious snacks
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter benefits